Reply To: Gout Attack Severity and Duration with Epsom Salt

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Gout Attack Severity and Duration with Epsom Salt Reply To: Gout Attack Severity and Duration with Epsom Salt

nobody
Participant

What I meant was: if you stop getting long-lasting pain.
I don’t know that you can tell how much solid UA is left based on symptoms. But my thinking is that the average pain duration is an indicator of where your blood UA is at relative to your needs. Even if blood tests were perfectly reliable, the amount of UA in your blood is only part of the story of crystallization.
I understand increasing your dose is tempting but I’d make sure it serves a useful purpose before taking chances. At some point you’d experience diminishing returns anyway. I don’t know if that’s where you are already but I would certainly stop taking a larger dose than necessary once I felt safe from long-lasting pain. And the faster you’ve increased your dose, the quicker the dose required for you to feel safe ought to diminish.
That said, I wouldn’t drop my dose as soon as pain subsides. Think weeks, not days.

The strangeness involved in calling myself Nobody is deliberate. If you don’t like strangeness, you could use Tawrikt for instance.