Reply To: Gout for 30 years getting worse

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Gout for 30 years getting worse Reply To: Gout for 30 years getting worse

Patrick
Participant

Hey Colin,

I’m a little late to the thread but I have read it in its entirety. Glad to see you went to seee a doctor instead of self diagnosing. Now you have an answer, and this will start to lead to a plan, like Keith suggests.

You say you have been a Gout sufferer for over 30 years but in reality, it might be even longer. You probably have been a Gout sufferer for 30 years, but may have been a Gout patient for even longer.

I know you are leery about taking medications, but starting to tackle your Gout with 100mgs of Allopurinol WITHOUT the safety net of Colchicine can be tricky, especially for a long suffering Gout patinet like yourself. Your body is trying to rid itself of over 30 years of Uric Acid crystal build up in your joints. Allopurinol, in conjuction with Colchicine is a normal “tag team” combination for new Allopurinol users.

You might want to ask your doctor about it, before you experience your first major, post Allopurinol, flare up. You won’t regret it. Good luck, brother