Reply To: Butternut Squash Recipe for Gout

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Butternut Squash Recipe for Gout Reply To: Butternut Squash Recipe for Gout

Keith Taylor
Participant

My last test was done earlier in the year I do have to remind my doctor as I don’t find that he automatically notifies me. He’s really good though and are usually just email the surgery for his attention and ask to be sent for blood tests which he happily does.

That’s a great attitude to blood tests. Because gout patients have to take responsibility for their regular uric acid tests. That way, you feel more in control.

More importantly, mistakes can happen in even the best run medical practice. So occasionally reminders can go missing.

I hope every gout sufferer reading this will follow Rebecca’s lead. Make sure you get uric acid tested at least once a year. But more frequently if you’re changing uric acid treatment – and that includes lifestyle changes.

Then when you do get your blood tests, start a topic to discuss your results. So we can celebrate together, or find ways to get better results.