Reply To: Febuxostat dose change. Or different time of day?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Febuxostat dose change. Or different time of day? Reply To: Febuxostat dose change. Or different time of day?

nobody
Participant

I have trouble making sense of the stars in your words.

I really think the guesses you’ve taken in your previous post were sensible. But your guesses may turn out to be wrong, same as mine. What more is there to tell?
Besides what I already told you ealier, I mean (like: doses above 80mg aren’t very well tested so I wouldn’t rush into 120mg no matter what dishonest people claim about the safety of that dose).

OK, now that I have a bit more time there’s one thing I see I could add: an attack might raise your SUA as well as lower it. My guess is that attacks tend to raise your SUA when it’s low thourgh dissolution and lower it when it’s high through antibody-driven precipitation (your SUA on 80mg febuxostat or more would in this context of course be considered low).
I should also add: blood tests vary randomly. Yes, getting the results you’ve gotten through purely random variations isn’t very likely. But random variations don’t have to be pure. You’d need more than one elevated result in the same circumstance before you could claim (even tentatively) to have grounds on which to explain away such outliers. Were the circumstances of your May test similar in any way?