Bedridden 7+ Weeks with Gout

7+ weeks Gout Flare keeps me in Bed

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum 7+ weeks Gout Flare keeps me in Bed

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Chizzo Yang
      Participant

Hey ladies and gentlemen. I’ve had a very bad gout flare up since May 25th and I have been stuck in bed since. Being bed bound, I lost all my muscles on my legs. I went to the ER on June 1st, and the doctors just gave me a prescription for naproxen which I already have. I was hoping the doctor would write me a prescription for some colchicine. But because I’m on medi-cal, the doctors treat me like crap.

I have been taking illegal prednisone shipped from Mexico. But it only masks the problem. I took prednisone for a whole month, and it did not help. It made me sicker. I’m still taking naproxen, but today I can still barely walk without crutches.

I’ve lost 4 jobs already, and I’m only 30 yrs old.

Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Chizzo Yang
      Participant

FYI, im a 30 year old male, 5’8, 260 pounds. i was 300 pounds just a few months ago. i suspect that my fasting and weight loss contributed to this 7+ weeks flare up. it is the devil…. i am so depressed. my metabolic panel tests came back good. my kidneys and livers are functioning well, no diabetes and my heart is healthy. i do have high blood pressure… other than that, i dont have any ither health issues.

nobody
      Participant

If doctors are treating you like crap, how do you know this is gout? They didn’t try to detect solid uric acid in your body, did they? What do your serum uric acid tests look like?
      Assuming it is gout (possibly a dangerous assumptions), the most obvious and cheapest way to put a stop to this crazy flareup considering you are basically healthy would be to combine colchicine and naproxen but you’d need to take strong enough doses. If you can’t get colchicine from Mexico where it ought to be dirt cheap, I guess you could try a dangerously strong naproxen dose if you haven’t tried that already. But make sure you have a PPI on hand if you’re going to go crazy with naproxen! Also be sure to monitor that blood pressure.
      And rather than going crazy, see if you could get access to better health care through a charity or something. Enroll the help of anybody who might care for you because if this is gout, it’s a problem that’s likely going to afflict you for years even though it might never be as severe as it’s been these last few months. So you have to think long-term… and taking so much meds that you develop side effects which may prevent you from taking these meds in the future is definitely not what you want! So trying even harder to get colchicine and a good doctor could really pay off in the long run.
      Finally, eat a healthy diet (now is not the time to fast or prioritize weight loss!) and make sure you drink plenty of water while avoiding diuretics.

Viewing 2 reply threads

The forum ‘Help My Gout! The Gout Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.