The Allopurinol Alternatives Forum is a list of discussions that cover alternatives to the most common uric acid treatment.
To start, many of these topics discuss reasons why allopurinol is not suitable. Then we consider the 24-hour urine test for uric acid excretion rate. Because there are 2 types of allopurinol alternatives.
Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitors (XOIs) are for over-producers. Because they discourage the liver from producing excess uric acid. See Herbal XOIs Green Tea & Resveratrol.
There are lots of other natural alternatives to allopurinol. So if you cannot find what you want from those pages, ask in the forum.
Allopurinol Alternatives Forum Discussion List
- Last Post
- Where can I buy an Accurate Uric Acid Monitor? I have had my first attack of gout and am very anxious to reduce my uric acid level without medicat…
- 1 year, 1 month ago
- Gout Assistance Required Dean here, I’m in need of advice! 33/non-smoker/average weight Past Medical History: Full blo…
- 1 year, 3 months ago
- Any gout sufferers using Montmorillonite? A reader just sent me a pdf file of a report: Montmorillonite Absorbs Uric Acid and Decreases the C…
- 1 year, 4 months ago
- Allopurinol is giving me headaches and heartburn On allopurinol for 6 mos, endured almost constant headaches, migraines then acid reflux, heartburn …
- 1 year, 5 months ago
- Allopurinol vs. Uloric for My Gout So I’ve been digging around these forums for a while now (great resource by the way) and have…
- 1 year, 7 months ago
- What is the best febuxostat dose for gout? How often does one need to take febuxostat if on a 40mg? I have had gout attacks for a few times a…
- 2 years ago
- What are best meds for gout flare up? My mom had a bad gout attack 2 weeks ago. She got a steroid injection in her foot, which sent her t…
- 2 years, 2 months ago
- Any natural alternative to allopurinol? I have experienced an extreme rash and severe itching on both feet after starting stopping and re-i…
- 2 years, 5 months ago
- Gout with kidney pain on allopurinol Hello! I hope it’s ok to start a new thread already. This board is wonderfully helpful, thank…
- 2 years, 6 months ago
- extreme dizziness from allopurinol hi there… I have been trying to tolerate Allopurinol, I am on 200mg/day. I have extreme dizzy…
- 2 years, 9 months ago
- Krystexxa Experience I just completed a 6-month Krystexxa infusions round. I had 2 large tophi on my middle toes. Now th…
- 3 years ago
- New Member – Self Diagnosis down to gout or pseudogout I have had ME/CFIDS (vaccine caused disease) since before 6 years old. I am a 61-year-old male. I v…
- 3 years, 6 months ago