Allopurinol is the best drug for gout. But, only if you use it correctly, and most doctors don't know the latest guidelines. Discuss the right way to use allopurinol for gout:
- - Include your allopurinol prescription dose details.
- - Say what other gout drugs you are taking.
- - Do you have drugs for any other health problems?
- - Don't forget supplements and herbal medicines.
- - Include your latest uric acid. Also add your uric acid history and targets if you can.
Remember, it's best to read GoutPal's Allopurinol
Facts before you post about allopurinol.
Thank you for visiting GoutPal's Gout Network
Did you find the personal help you need with your gout?
All you need to do is log in to GoutPal and ask your gout questions.
I will help you understand and manage your gout.
If you did not find the personal gout help that you need, please tell me:
Information on GoutPal is provided by a gout patient to help you understand gout and related issues. Gout information is provided by a layman, with no medical training or qualifications. It should not be used for diagnosing or treating any health problem or disease. The information is given to help you understand your doctor's advice and know what questions to ask. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have an actual or suspected health problem, you should consult your doctor.
Use this form to send feedback to GoutPal. You can make suggestions about how I can make this page better. Or, tell me how my information has helped you. You can also ask for technical help, such as "How do I use the forum?", "How do I become a GoutPal Member?", or "How do I subscribe to the Update Service?"
If you are asking a question, you must ask in the gout forum.
Posting is easy:
1. Click to add a new topic
2. Select one of the network icons where it says "Connect to GoutPal with:".
3. Ask your question by creating a new topic
Please note that I may post information from the Helpdesk in the gout forums
I will never reveal your email address to anyone else.