- These discussions feature "normal" blood uric acid test results.
You must always remember that "normal" is a statistical term, not a medical term. Essentially, it means average. Or, "not unusual". It is not unusual to get gout.
Many doctors will not treat excess uric acid because it is in the normal range. Tell your doctor you want to be healthy, not normal.This is so important, I created a campaign: Normal Uric Acid? No Thanks!. As well as supporting that campaign, you should read more about normal uric acid.
Normal Uric Acid Forum Topics List
- Last Post
- Gout with normal uric acid levels? I’m new to this forum. I was diagnosed with gout in 2014 by a podiatrist after getting an x…
- 1 year, 10 months ago
- Uric acid blood test – what do results mean? Uric acid blood test Can I have gout if I had normal uric levels in the blood but had uric acid cr…
- 2 years, 1 month ago
- Gout with kidney pain on allopurinol Hello! I hope it’s ok to start a new thread already. This board is wonderfully helpful, thank…
- 2 years, 5 months ago
- I don’t have gout, but my uric acid level is 9.6. My doctor asked me to eat a low purine diet. No list states the serving size, nor how much of total…
- 2 years, 7 months ago
- Can you have gout with normal uric acid levels? So I have uric acid levels within normal range from 308 umol /l or 5.18 mmg/dl.I have been told by …
- 2 years, 9 months ago
- Gout Patient Discussions These are old discussions from the gout patients group. As discussions get old, we collect interest…
- 2 years, 11 months ago
- gout attack with normal level of uric acid I got foot pain 2 years back in third finger joint . Doctor diagnosed and found the uric acid leve…
- 3 years ago