Uric Acid vs Urea diagram

Allpresan and Urea content – a Uric Acid concern?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Allpresan and Urea content – a Uric Acid concern?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      d q
      Participant

Hey @nobody and @Keith! Autumn blues setting in yet?

I recently visited my podiatrist for the ingrown toenail issue and she noticed the intensive dryness on my feet so gave me a sample of this stuff to use. Detailed information of the product can be found here

I am a little concerned as it contains 10% urea and was wondering if this may seep through and possibly increase UA levels in some way or another? I know Urea is not the same as Urate or Uric Acid but this link seems to explain that Urea is converted to Uric Acid.

The cream is amazing, but should I just stick with Vaseline (or similar) :)?
      Thanks!

Uric Acid vs Urea diagram

Topical Urea cannot increase Uric Acid.

Keith Taylor
      Participant

Sorry I missed this @d-q

When I spotted it I was on a beach in Minorca. So just laughed at the first line and went for another swim. Now I’m back and the Autumn blues might be arriving. But I’m not going to Fall into that trap [pause for Intercontinental Laughter]

I’m thinking of contacting the final website you refer to about a page explaining the difference between d_q and keith. Simply put – you believe crap like that and I believe other crap ๐Ÿ˜‰

d q
      Participant

@keith – excuse the ignorance but I am not too sure what you mean :)..?

I don’t believe any crap like that. I’m just asking if Urea in Allpresan may have an impact on UA levels in someone with gout since the cream is absorbed directly into the base of the feet..?

Cheers

Keith Taylor
      Participant

Maybe I was being too light-hearted, so sorry about that. But in my mind, you were asking me to comment on a page of crap. So I should have taken more time to explain why it was crap.

However, the simple truth is that urea comes from proteins and uric acid comes from purines. In some circumstances, uric acid breaks down to urea, but that is not relevant to human gout.

As far as I’m concerned, there is no connection. Except that I’ve seen gout sufferers post urea test results in the forum instead of uric acid results. So I guess the similarity of name must cause confusion.

My biggest worry is that a poorly-written, misleading article relating to uric acid now has a link from a high-profile gout forum. So do you mind if I remove that link?

d q
      Participant

@Keith – Rock on! Thanks mate. It’s amazing cream by the way! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Help My Gout! The Gout Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.