Gout Recovery photo

Attack suddenly stopped (or not gout)

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Attack suddenly stopped (or not gout)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sebastien D
      Participant

Hi,

I had my first attack 2.5 years ago (toe pain, no redness). First thing, my doc change my blood pressure medication for a non-diuretic one. After that, I was able to avoid blood test (I’m afraid of needles) but eventually went and been told my uric acid was a bit high. So I’m now on 100mg allopurinol for about 6 months.
      Last monday I woke up to what felt like a sprained ankle. During the day, the pain spread to the top of my foot, and tuesday, the pain was essentially on the top. Was able to walk and do my things, but it was really annoying, not as painful as my first and only attack, but I was worried. Each of those two nights, I was afraid of waking up to some real pain.
      Today, wednesday, Nothing. Pain completely gone.
      Seriously, what was that about?

nobody
      Participant

Gout symptoms often stop on their own after a few days.
      Symptoms may become more frequent but less serious and even a bit weird after initiating a drug such as allopurinol.

Best get your uric acid tested after a while on 100mg to make sure that dose is sufficient in your case.

Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘Help My Gout! The Gout Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.