Kidney

Gout Med if only One Kidney

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Gout Med if only One Kidney

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Podiatrist isn’t sure what (preventive) med(s) husband can/should take for prevention due to his having only one kidney (??!!) After 2 visits (& a med wrap) suggested he go to his PCP (will be doing that today). In the past PCP just shrugged. (This is his second flare-up in 6 mos.) Is there a natural preventive, and if so, what or should he go the route of an oral med, and if so, what should we be looking at? My next suggestion is to go to a rheumatologist.

Kidney

Keith Taylor
      Participant

Yes Catherine a rheumatologist is definitely the best option. Because they usually adopt a logical approach to gout treatment.

By which I mean they will start with a blood test for uric acid. Then they will examine your husband and consider his medical history. So, with that information the rheumatologist can suggest the best course of treatment. At which time you can ask about non-drug treatment. Or you can post that information here so we can suggest potential natural gout preventatives based on your husband and his medical history.

Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘Help My Gout! The Gout Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.