Hi my Uric acid level has never been over 5 but i have Gout

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Hi my Uric acid level has never been over 5 but i have Gout

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Westlake E
      Participant

i come up with numbers like 5 and once 3.7 . i get aches on the big toe joing other joints in the foot and once my pointer finger. Pain get bad but never off the charts . Turns red too. I goth the UA Uric acid blood tester same numbers. im on Febuxostat 40 mg fid seem to help /. Any ideas ???
      thanks

nobody
      Participant

Hi,
      How did you come up with these numbers and were you already on febuxostat when you came up with them? If so, how long have you been on febuxostat? It often takes a long time for such drugs to cure gout.

Westlake E
      Participant

i got them through blood tests and the UA machine. The numbers from bothar consistent. Ive been on febuxostat for 9 months. But i will get a flare up if i go off the doet which i dont understand with these numebrs

nobody
      Participant

Well, I don’t understand when each value was measured exactly. It matters a great deal whether you were testing at or below 5.0 mg/dl before taking febuxostat or not.
      If you previously had substantially more uric acid in your blood and considering you experienced repeated gout-like symptoms, it is likely there is solid uric acid in your body. That is what causes gout symptoms, not the uric acid in your blood at any given time. So you could in principle experience gout symptoms with even lower amounts of uric acid in your blood.
      I assume you’re talking about a diet but there are many different diets that people are on so I can’t possibly guess how it could impact your symptoms. But you should know that it is not uncommon for a diet to have no material impact even though the dieter believes otherwise.

Andy Jackson
      Participant

The primary reason for Gout is uric acid, but I doubt it might be something else that is causing inflammation and pain in your case. I had gout due to a high level of Uric acid, and after knowing that there is no permanent cure in Allopathy, I tried Ayurveda. One of my friends has suggested that I follow iahas.com for some remedies for different conditions, and I found some really effective remedies to treat my condition. Majorly I used neem paste and Ashwagandha.

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Help My Gout! The Gout Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.