Arthritis Sufferer Montage

Pain only lasts for minutes! Is this gout?

Stopping Gout Together Forums Help My Gout! The Gout Forum Pain only lasts for minutes! Is this gout?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Norval Wallen
      Participant

I had my first gout attack about 15 years ago. What I am experiencing now is different. It happens 1-2 times/month. Usually begins in the middle of the night. It’s a sharp shooting/surging pain on the right side of my left large toe. Sometimes it will recur every 10-20 seconds. Sometimes, it will go away for a minute or two then return.

I’ve taken allopurinol but not regularly as it makes me gassy.

I know these aren’t absolutes but:

No beer or any other alcohol
      No organ meats (liver, brains, kidney, etc.)
      No seafood

I drink two cups coffee/day
      A moderate amount of red meat

Ibuprofen & Acetaminophen do not help.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Never forget that gout can co-exist with other types of arthritis. Take the logical route and start an Arthritis Sufferer Plan.

nobody
      Participant

Hi!

I recommend you see a doctor.
      Gout typically involves swelling and often times also redness, not just pain. But after 15 years of untreated gout, almost anything is possible. In any case, you should provide a more detailed description if you want an opinion. I’m not sure it’s worth it though: you can’t tell if it’s gout or not over the web.
      Ibuprofen and similar drugs should help if it’s gout… provided you take enough and wait long enough for the drugs to act. So if your odd symptoms last less than an hour anyway, I wouldn’t expect them to do anything.

You need test results for the amount of uric acid in your blood.
      Yes, some organ meats and some seafood is problematic. But some other stuff is also. So the information you’ve provided about your diet doesn’t tell us anything.

There are alternatives to allopurinol. You need to take something for uric acid regularly if you want it to be effective.

Dave Helsel
      Participant

Hello, I agree with always knowing what you’re up against before attempting to treat any type of illness or disease.
      My wife is a Chiropractor and her and I have dealt In natural methods to address just about everything out there. Funny, or not funny, I am a picture of health for the most part except I get gout every 60 days or so. I tried all of the natural products out there on Amazon and the internet. None of them worked for controlling my Uric Acid levels. Pharma products for gout are absolutely horrible for you long term in my opinion.
      I came up with a way to knock gout out in 24 hours when it starts, but I really wanted a method of controlling my uric acid levels so I would never have a flair up.
      I have been working with natural products for over 16 years, still wouldn’t say I am the perfect scientific expert by any means. However, when something works I want to share it with everyone.
      I don’t drink alcohol, I don’t eat a lot of red meat, I do have a few Dr Peppers each week and I wasn’t the best water drinker.
      I work out approximately 12 hours a week and at least get 75k steps in each week.
      My wife is again, a Chiro whose passion is healing/helping people naturally. I too have this same passion. She started representing a new company around 1 year ago. I took some of the products they offered, but not all of them. Around 6 months ago I looked over everything they had and made a few changes to my daily routine. One was adding an electrolyte drink they had that tasted amazing and gave me great energy without the bad stuff in it. The other product they had claimed to have anti inflammatory ingredients and helped with healing the body.
      So, I gave these 2 items a go since some of the ingredients help mith healing and would keep me well hydrated and energetic during the day. What actually happened was by adding these 2 items to my daily diet I have not had gout once. I have even pushed the envelope and ate a few things that were certain to trigger me before. I am currently speaking with the chief scientific officer of the company to have him explain why this formula may have kept me gout free so far. This call is set up for tomorrow. I would love to share this with you and anyone else out there suffering from this.
      Thanks,
      Dave

dre24
      Participant

@ Dave Helsel

I and I’m sure most everyone here is very much interested in natural remedies although the track record overall for those hasn’t been very good. That being said:

“I came up with a way to knock gout out in 24 hours when it starts..”

Can you share with us what you’ve come up with?

“I am currently speaking with the chief scientific officer of the company to have him explain why this formula may have kept me gout free so far. This call is set up for tomorrow. I would love to share this with you and anyone else out there suffering from this.”

‘Looking forward to it

Viewing 3 reply threads

The forum ‘Help My Gout! The Gout Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.