New to Forum

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Chris Burgess
      Participant

I was diagnosed about 7 years ago. I have not started allopurinol and use indomethacin or ibuprofen to control flare ups. I am a pharmacist and do not trust any pharma companies or most prescribers.

I am convinced high fructose corn syrup is a problem for me and I am beginning to believe maltodextrin is also an issue. I have cut down beer consumption to a couple a week, nothing from the big American brewers in 5+ years. Last beer was 7 days ago, this maybe my last unless I make it myself.

I haven’t had shrimp in over two years and in the past 5 I have probably had less than a pound. Over the last 9 months I have reduced my beef consumption to once a week.

I’ve read multiple studies over the past 30 years and have gotten pretty good at picking them apart. Pharma is slowly identifying the population and more studies are being done. I don’t see innovative research coming out, just rehashing what the community already knows.

I am looking for groups or individuals that can help.

nobody
      Participant

I don’t understand what you’re looking for. I hope you aren’t going to advertise snake oil here!

Do you want me to tell you that managing gout starts with measuring the amount of uric acid in your blood?
      Do you want me to tell me that you that the longer you are having symptoms, the higher the risk of complications is and the harder it will be to stop the symptoms?
      Do you want me to tell you that everything you eat matters (beef isn’t special for instance)?

Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘Help My Gout! The Gout Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.