Improving Uric Acid Therapy Information for Gout Sufferers is a wide-scope review of GoutPal’s uric acid therapy advice. Specifically, this debate will guide the introduction of a better structure for explaining uric acid lowering choices on GoutPal.com. Then, I will develop improvement pages for each affected gout sufferer type.
Improving Uric Acid Therapy Information for Gout Sufferers Audience
Improving Uric Acid Therapy Information for Gout Sufferers is aimed at GoutPal members who want to improve GoutPal facts for gout sufferers. It is not for helping individuals with their own gout management. So, if you have personal questions, please ask in the gout forum. However, if you have relevant experiences and opinions that can help fellow gout sufferers, please leave your comments at the end of this debate.
As this GoutPal work-in-progress is in draft form, parts of it are only available to GoutPal Enthusiasts. To become a GoutPal Enthusiast, you must make and contribute to more gout forum topics.
Improving Uric Acid Therapy Information for Gout Sufferers
[mycred_hide_if rank=”Enthusiast” rank=”Scholar” comp=”OR”]Improving Uric Acid Therapy Information for Gout Sufferers section is only viewable by GoutPal members who have reached Enthusiast Rank, or Higher.[/mycred_hide_if]
[mycred_show_if rank=”Enthusiast” rank=”Scholar” comp=”OR”]As part of the reorganization of GoutPal facts by gout sufferer type, the first thing we must establish is a framework for uric acid therapy advice centered on the affected types. Therefore, the gout sufferer types who need this information are:
- Choosing Uric Acid Therapy for GoutPal Seekers
- The main goal for GoutPal Seekers is to select the type of uric acid lowering treatment. Therefore, all articles that compare more than one treatment type should be categorized for GoutPal Seekers. Then, where possible, we should identify which step of the GoutPal Seekers management plan is most appropriate. While remembering that the earliest step applicable is Step 2. GoutPal Seekers Plan Objectives.
- Choosing and Using Uric Acid Drugs for GoutPal Patients
- GoutPal Patients seek the best uric acid control using gout medication. So, this is for articles that compare different pharmaceutical uric acid therapies. Also, articles that explain a single uric acid therapy. Because we need to guide uric acid therapies forward step-by-step. Therefore, we must distinguish between:
- Step 3 (GoutPal Patient Undertakings): Learn the best way to treat our cause of excess uric acid.
- Step 5 (GoutPal Patient Pharma Choices): Choose specific Uric Acid Treatments.
- Step 6 (Assess GoutPal Patient Progress): Assess how well we are treating uric acid.
Tags: Drugs, Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Medicine, Medical, Medication.
- Choosing and Using Herbal Uric Acid Meds for GoutPal Herbalists
- GoutPal Herbalists seek the best uric acid control using herbal meds. Other than that, organisation of herbal gout facts and herb explanations must follow the same structure as GoutPal Patients. Tags: Herbal, Herb, Meds.
- Choosing and Using Uric Acid Food at Home for GoutPal Foodies
- GoutPal Foodies seek the best uric acid control with food. However, this type of gout sufferer is less logical than Gout Dieters. Therefore, many gout food facts, and home treatment explanations follow a different structure. Tags: Food, Home.
- Choosing and Using Natural Uric Acid Diet Changes for GoutPal Dieters
- GoutPal Dieters seek the best uric acid control from diet and lifestyle improvements. So, organisation of gout diet facts, and natural gout explanations must follow the same structure as GoutPal Patients. Tags: Natural, Diet.
If you do not know which type of gout sufferer you are, read Questions for Gout Sufferers.
Throughout this classification and improvement exercise, we should ensure therapy and treatment articles distinguish clearly between uric acid recovery and gout pain relief. Also, allowing for different interpretations of word meaning, we should maintain consistency throughout. So, the tags in the list above should be consistent across GoutPal. Coupled with explanations, and appropriate tag descriptions. Finally, we might consider emphasizing different situations by choice of therapy, treat, treating, treatment.
Current Uric Acid Therapy Information for Gout Sufferers
These are the pages I have identified for improvement, so far. You can help by adding comments about any other pages you find that are related to Uric Acid Therapies.
Recently, I started a GoutPal Suggestion about Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitors (XOIs) (now replaced by this page). When I noticed I need to improve XOI information on GoutPal. Now, this debate covers uricosurics and other ways to lower uric acid. However, I’ll start with the pages I identified for that suggestion. Then, I can add more pages here as we discover them. Otherwise, I might add them generally to new debates for improving information by specific gout sufferer type.
- Gout Cures: Natural Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitors has structural problems. So, I need to make sure my introduction to this guest post explains it’s audience and intention. Also, I need to add a summary of key points, and make the next step clear. In essence, the post explains 2 herbal XOIs, green tea leaf and resveratrol. So, for the Gout Herbalist, a single link to resveratrol for more information is not enough. In addition, I need green tea leaf study references. Especially explaining catechins.
- Resveratrol Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitor needs to be replaced with a proper layman’s summary of the report. Because Gout Herbalists need to see exactly how to include resveratrol in their herbal gout therapies. Then, the link from #1 will help logical progression through personal gout treatment plans. Also, check for updated research.
- Morin: Uricosuric & Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitor needs to be replaced with a proper layman’s summary of the report. Together with #2, it should distinguish herbal XOIs like morin, from natural XOIs like figs and mulberry.
- Banaba Tea/Extracts is an old discussion from the old forum. Therefore, it needs summarizing on GoutPal.com. Because, it contains a lot of valuable information about XOIs. As well as Banaba (Crape Myrtle), there’s many more in a separate hidden report. But, the report isn’t really hidden. Because when I wrote Natural Uric Acid Inhibitors: Can They Work? I forgot to mention xanthine oxidase inhibitors! Also, I never cross-referenced this report with “Xanthine oxidase inhibition by some medicinal plants”. Despite it containing my personal favorite natural XOI – Onion!
- Finally, Black Bean Broth has been popular with gout forum members for many years. So, it was my first example of a Natural Remedy For Gout. But, now that page needs updating as a hub page for black beans, other legumes, and other natural gout remedies from plants.
So, you can see that GoutPal Dieters and GoutPal Herbalists have lots of options. Also, I haven’t started on pharmaceutical XOIs yet. But, I glanced ahead to see that I haven’t yet mentioned milk, or extracts from caterpillars that have eaten kale! To conclude, for now, I’ll be back with more soon. But, if you are intrigued by that final reference, search for Bugged By Gout!
Your Uric Acid Therapy Information for Gout Sufferers
Please contribute with your experiences and opinions below. You can also ask questions about uric acid therapy in general. But, if you have personal questions about your own gout, please ask in the gout forum.